Plain and simple, there are 2 things we must always remember when going into an interview:
- For an interviewer, the major focus point is you. Which is exactly why you are being interviewed, and interviewers have a full spread of questions to ask to find out more about you and if you’re the right fit of the job.
- For you, the major focus point is the job. You are there because you are interested in the job, want the job, and you think you are the right person to do the job. Which is exactly why it’s so important to have good questions to ask about it.
With that being said, it’s not only important for your own knowledge that you are prepared with questions, but it gives you an advantage – having an arranged list shows your interest in the company and the position. Having a good list of questions makes a memorable impression. Therefore, here are some of the best questions to ask in an interview:
- Do you offer continuing education and room for growth?
- Is there any specific/special training I will need to go through if I get the job?
- Is there anything about my qualifications you are unsure about?
- What is your ideal candidate for this position?
- How long have you worked at this company? What do you like most about working at this company?
- What kind of environment will I be working with? A group or alone?
- How does the company define and measure success?
- What is the top priority for a person in this position?
- What are some challenges a person in this position will face?